Invisalign with Marvel Dental is Your Clear Path to Straighter Teeth
Your teeth have been crooked for as long as you can remember. You’d love to have them straightened, so why haven’t you? If you’re like many adults in your situation, it’s because the thought of getting bulky metal braces is worse than just living with your smile as is. But, what if we told you that you now have another choice, one that can straighten your teeth without throwing off your daily appearance? You’d probably at least want to know more about it, right? With Invisalign in Grand Prairie, we can help patients get the perfectly aligned smiles they’ve always wanted in less time than ever, all without the mouthful of metal!
The Basics of Invisalign
So what makes Invisalign so special?
Instead of metal brackets and wires, it shifts the teeth using a series of crystal-clear aligner trays that fit directly over them. A patient simply has to wear a tray for about 22 hours a day for 2 weeks before progressing to the next one. After they have gone through the entire series, they’re done, and they should see a beautifully straight set of teeth in the mirror every day.
The Unique Benefits of Invisalign
So how does Invisalign actually stack up against a more traditional treatment like braces? Quite well, actually:
- Subtle Appearance: The trays themselves are practically invisible when worn on the teeth, and at a regular conversation distance, absolutely no one will notice them. Many of our Invisalign patients have told us that the only time the people around them have mentioned anything about their teeth was after they completed treatment!
- Feel: Every Invisalign tray is custom-made for each patient out of smooth plastic that fits comfortably among the lips and cheeks. Patients no longer have to deal with the constant irritation that is so common with regular braces.
- Convenience: Is it time to eat or brush your teeth? You can simply take your trays off and put them back on when you’re done. Invisalign is the kind of treatment that slips easily into anyone’s lifestyle and doesn’t require them to alter their daily habits.
- Speed: Often, Invisalign is able to complete treatment in just 12-18 months, which is MUCH shorter compared to traditional braces that can take 2-3 years!
- Time: And, because Invisalign doesn’t have to be regularly adjusted like braces, you won’t have to come to Marvel Dental as often for progress checks. One quick appointment every 6 weeks is all we need to make sure your treatment is on track!
Is Invisalign Right For Me?
We only recommend Invisalign for teens and adults because it does take some self-discipline to wear the trays every day, plus younger smiles still need time to grow. It’s also solely a treatment for correcting alignment issues in the teeth, so if a patient has other dental problems, such as cavities or gum disease, those will need to be addressed before Invisalign can begin.
Of course, the best way to see if Invisalign is a good fit for you is to simply schedule a consultation at Marvel Dental. You’ll have a chance to meet our team, ask as many questions as you like, and we can even begin your treatment that same day!
To learn more about Invisalign and start getting a straighter smile today, give us a call.